Industrial Hemp Hurd, multiple usages:
- Animal Bedding Natural Litter
- Garden Mulch
Dimensions: 600mm (L) x 300mm (W) x 360mm (H), 0.065m3
Volume: 68 litres, expands to 170 litres
Average Weight: 10kg
For Animal Use:
Spread a layer of hurd in your stable or chicken coup, lightly sprinkle with water to settle the product and your precious animals can enjoy the warmth and comfort of hemp bedding.
Premium hemp litter of choice for small and large animals. Provide the best for your horses, chickens, rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, mice, reptiles, puppies and kittens.
- 100% natural Hemp animal bedding material.
- Made from super absorbent hemp stalk core.
- Effectively controls odour for longer than other litter.
- Twice the absorbency of wood shavings.
- Almost zero dust content to keep airways healthy.
- Maintains an optimal humidity levels in stables, tanks and cages.
- Hemp animal bedding naturally repels problem insects.
- High thermal rating to keep cozy in winter and cool in summer.
- Soft texture provides a comfortable cushions for restful sleep.
- Hemp cellulose is an eco-friendly sustainable resource.
- Can be used as a soil enriching fast decomposing garden mulch.
- Grown without chemical sprays in New Zealand.
Perfect For Gardens
The natural properties of hemp hurd also make it incredible in the garden, where the mulch enriches and protects the soil, encouraging earthworm activity and healthy soil microbe and fungi. Place around flower beds, vegetable gardens, ornamental fruit trees, or potted plant to keep moisture in the soil during summer. Use in winter to prevent the ground from chilling, which protects the roots of trees and perennials. You may also find an increase in other beneficial insect and animal life, such as praying mantis and lizards. This occurs as a result of creating a safe and healthy organic ecosystem in your garden, all of which begins with healthy soil.