All smoothies are not created equal
Bottom line, (no pun intended), many of us may be eating too much. We are consuming bigger portions on ever larger dinner plates and food manufacturers keep pushing us to eat more. We don’t need more… we need less.
A 40-30-30 balanced, 200 calorie smoothie requires approximately:
- 20 grams of carbohydrates
- 15 grams of protein
- 6 grams of fat
Of course you are going to want to use Pure Hemp Protein Powder! It comes with a 5-star health rating and is made by milling hemp seed cake (the product left over after pressing the seeds for oil), into a fine powder. It’s a high-quality vegan protein, containing essential amino acids, fibre, healthy fats and minerals. It has an earthy, nutty taste and packs a decent 15 grams of protein for every 30-gram serving. Eating lean protein boosts metabolism, benefits digestion, and promotes lean body mass. Hemp protein does not contain any cholesterol and is very low in saturated fats, unlike many sources of animal proteins. One serving contains around 90 calories, 3 grams of fat and 7 grams of dietary fibre.
Smoothie traps that will blow out your calories:
- Enjoying a smoothie alongside your usual breakfast. A smoothie is a meal in itself!
- Adding too much fruit – a general rule of thumb is to add ½ – 1 cup of fruit per smoothie or replace completely with vegetables
- Adding sweeteners, e.g., honey, maple syrup, sweetened milks, flavoured yoghurts
- Adding more than a teaspoon or two of fat per smoothie, e.g., peanut butter, avocado, nuts
Make a conscious decision today to do something good for your body. Instead of grabbing something quick or processed that you know you will regret later, slow down, choose your health, and make a Pure Hemp Protein Green Smoothie. It’s a decision you can feel good about!
Smoothie Comparison: Green vs Flavoured
See the difference between a healthy smoothie and one that just blow your calories for the day.
Snickers-flavoured Protein Smoothie
- ½ cup plain Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup almond milk
- ⅓ cup chocolate protein powder
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar-free caramel syrup
- 1 ½ cups ice
- Carbs 49g
- Protein 74g
- Fat 38g
- An easy way to increase your 5+ fruit and veg a day
- May assist with weight loss when used as a total meal replacement <250-350 cals
- The healthiest smoothies include a balance of protein, fats, and carbs
- Increases your fibre intake
Read What Our Customers Have To Say
- Judith Prasad / Hemp Seed Hearts
Hemp Hearts are both delicious and nutricious. Not just sprinkled on your morning cereal but to bake with takes your baking up a notch. I’ve made chocolate chip cookies and anzac cookies recently and most people have asked what the secret ingredient is that makes them so delicious and crunchy. Highly recommend using Hemp Hearts in most baking to add that nutritional goodness
- Isis Silva / Hemp Protein
Amazing protein, not grainy at all like many other plant protein powders. I use it every morning in different flavour smoothies and the taste is always great.
- Marc Sheppard / Hemp Seed Oil, 500ml
Started using hemp seed oil about 2 years ago for shoulder pain. After a fortnight of regular use my shoulder became the best it had been for along time so have used it regularly since.!
How To Use
Hemp Seed Hearts & Hemp Protein
Loyalty Points, Subscriptions & SuperGold Card Discount
Our Favourite NZ Hemp Seed Products
Hemp Plant-Based Protein Hearts & Hemp Seed Oil
Easy To Follow and Delicious